WALTER R. BLAIR II,
Blair’s Jewelry and Gifts is a family owned business established in 1948. W. R. Blair’s was founded by Walter Rayner Blair, Jr.. Walter was born August 25, 1926, in River Springs, MD.
Walter graduated from St. Mary’s Academy in Leonardtown and enlisted in the United States Navy from which he was honorably discharged in 1946. Once out of the Navy, he began taking watch repair classes. He began his career by opening with a watch repair business in Leonardtown in 1948 at the age of 22, known simply as Blairs!
This business evolved into Blair’s Gifts and later a catalog showroom, W.R. Blair Inc. At its peak, W.R. Blair included five catalog showrooms spanning from Annapolis to Fredericksburg, VA and was in operation for 22 years. His company motto was “Treat the Customer Royally.”
Walter retired in 1991 after a 42-year career.
Walter devoted his life to his community, serving as a director of the First National Bank of St. Mary’s and was a past President of the Leonardtown Lions Club.
Rayner III (his son) now continues the business and has expanded into selling fine jewelry and gifts. Its current showroom of almost 10,000 square feet makes it the largest jewelry store in Southern Maryland.
Blair’s specializes in jewelry repair, diamond jewelry and custom engraving. The experienced staff includes two jewelers to allow time to create and build new and exciting pieces, as well as repair jewelry with next day service in most instances.
Blair’s carries a large selection of gifts, collectibles and home décor items. Lladró, Swarovski, Waterford, Lenox and Hummel are just a few of the high quality giftware lines available at Blair’s.